Monday, October 6, 2008

A Month Later and a Few Questions

I'm loving my job. Praise to the Lord for placing me in a great school with great people to work with. I stay very, very busy though. I don't mind.
The last month (since my last post)has been filled with all kinds of things going on. I won't go into a lot of them but those particular incidents have opened up a few questions.
Question #1 - At what point in life does one pass from "Miss" to "Ma'am"? Standing in line at WalMart the other day a fellow behind me says, "Excuse me, Miss." Naturally, I turned around and moved to the side to let him pass. Much to my chagrin, he was not talking to me.
Question #2 - Why is that kids can sit through episode after episode of SpongeBob and Drake and Josh and then watch the reruns of the same episodes but complain when we parents want to watch five minutes of the election coverage?
Question #3 - Why can't that one dirty glass appear in the sink before the dishes are done?
Question #4 - Where do the sock mates really go?
These are just a few things I've been wondering. You can even say that some recent personal events have triggered these questions. I would love to hear some ideas on these important issues.

1 comment:

BethAnne said...

Hey Lisa!! Long time no see (or read - whatever). I think you graduate to ma'am sometime around the time that your metabolism slows down, or in my case....stops --- I have never seen you in person, but if you are over 35, then I assume you know what I mean.


You asked what resources I am using for my study......I usually use Stongs Exhaustive Concordance and one of several commentaries......I am leading the Beth Moore Study "Living Beyond Yourself" and just curious about hearing God's voice and what the Bible says about it.............I also use the internet if that helps! Good to hear from you!