Monday, August 3, 2009

Wow - How long has it been???

I can not believe that I have not blogged since January of this year. What was I thinking?? I mean, it's not like life stopped - stuff has been happening - sometimes it was BIG stuff.

Let me see . . .

February - Frank and I celebrated 11 years of marriage. What a blessing! He is the most wonderful husband in the world. God really gave me the best - which is what He promised.

March - Frank, Jacob and I went to Charleston (my favorite city in the world) for spring break. It was such a nice trip. It wasn't too hot and it wasn't too cool. Just right for walking around and enjoying the city.

April - Easter is always a special time for me. I love Easter, I think, most of all. I love to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus. I just am always in awe of the great gift He gave me when He went to that cross. On this earth, I will never be able to fathom it. But, when I see Him face to face . . . wow, what a day that will be.

May - celebrated Mother's Day - another favorite - and my birthday. I love birthdays and the whole getting older thing doesn't bother me a bit. I count each of them as a trophy. Just more time that God has granted me on earth with my family to enjoy until He comes to take me home.
Also, schools out for the summer - yay!!

June - Jacob and I really take advantage of the whole idea of summer vacation. We have done almost nothing. We sleep late - eat when we want to and play the rest of the time.

July - Frank, Jacob and I went to Myrtle Beach and then a quick trip through Charleston. It was a great trip - but there was a terrible cloud of sadness over the trip. As we were travelling to MB, I recieved word that a very dear friend was killed in a motorcycle accident. I may want to write more later - but that's all I want to say about that for now.
Alex went to Kigali, Rwanda, Africa for his first mission trip - a very long 10 days for those of us at home. Praise the Lord, he had a good trip and made it safely home.

August - Summer is dwindling to an end. It's back to school on the 10th. It's way too early - but the school board didn't call me to ask my opinion. Personally, I don't think it should be legal to send kids to school when it's so hot outside. I think the Monday after Labor Day is plenty soon enough.

So, there it is - the highlights for the last few months. Some big stuff - some no so big stuff. And, I'm sure that I'll think of more. Maybe I should blog more often and then I wouldn't forget. Or, maybe I haven't been blogging so I will forget - who really knows?

No comments: